How To Apply For Eco Grants From The Government
Free Government Eco Grants were introduced by the UK government in 2009 to help make our homes more energy efficient and to reduce our heating bills. They concentrated mainly on Heating & Insulation Upgrades and millions of homes benefited from this fantastic scheme over the last 10 years.
Millions of homes have enjoyed Free Boilers, Free replacement storage heaters and free loft & Cavity wall insulation and since the scheme started. Central Heating Grants have been recently added too.
These Measures fitted under the scheme are still available today with small contributions from applicants now being the norm for some measures.
This post will tell you all about which grants are available from the Government and show you how to apply.
Warm Front Renamed as ECO / Affordable Warmth Scheme
In January 2013 this scheme was renamed as the Energy Company Obligation (ECO) / Affordable Warmth Scheme but old habits die hard and many people still refer to the Scheme as Warm Front.
What Government Heating Eco Grants Are Available?
- Boiler Grants – small contribution required for most properties
- Free Boilers & Underfloor Insulation
- Free Storage Heater Grants – small contribution required for most properties
- Free Loft Insulation
- Free Cavity Wall Insulation
- Free Internal Wall Insulation – ( electric properties only)
- Free Room In Roof Insulation ( electric properties only)
- Free First Time Central Hating Grants
Who Qualifies for Free Grant Funding in 2021
The new ECO scheme still requires all the UK’s biggest energy suppliers to fund / subsidise energy efficiency measures of all homes that are in receipt of Low Income Benefits.
You should apply for a grant if:
- You receive a Low Income Benefit
- Your home has minimal insulation
- Your boiler / Storage heaters are over 6 years old
Which Benefits Qualify For a Free Government Grant?
- Armed Forces Independence Payment
- Attendance Allowance
- Carer’s Allowance
- Child & Working Tax Credit
- Disability Living Allowance / Personal independence payment
- Income Support
- Pension Credit (Guarantee)
- Employment and support allowance (income-related)
- Jobseeker’s allowance (Income-based)
- Income Support
- Industrial injuries disablement benefit
- Severe disablement allowance
- Universal credit
- War Pension Mobility Supplement
Why Should You Apply?
By insulating your home properly and upgrading your heating you can significantly reduce your heating bills as well as help to reduce global warming.
People who have applied for these measures in the past have all reported saving of over £300 per year in reduced bills.
Does The Eco Grant Need To Be Paid Back?
Funding has been set aside by the Big Energy Companies and don’t need to be paid back. They raise this money by a levy on all UK fuel bills so in effect are only giving you your money back!
Do not feel guilty! J
Wales is supported by a similar scheme called Nest which is managed by British Gas.
How To Apply For An Eco3 Grant ?
Very easy process . Visit Our home page ( Click the button below )and fill in the form for a free eligibility check of your home and what you may be able to claim.
We will call you and if you are found to be eligible, we will apply on your behalf to an approved installer.
Once you’ve qualified an assessor will visit you to decide what work is needed. If the Warm Front Grant does not cover the full cost of the work you will need to make up the difference