The Best 4 Government Grants For Landlords
Gov Uk Grants For Landlords  are specifically to assist the private rented sector to enjoy heating & insulation upgrades free of charge.
We have compiled a list of the 4 most popular grants that the private sector is applying for over the last 5 years. In many cases these grants are 100% FREE to the landlord.
Landlords, please read on as it is important legally that your properties meet the new government standards regarding minimum energy standards.
As you may be aware from1 April 2020, landlords can no longer let or continue to let properties covered by the MEES Regulations if they have an EPC rating below E, unless they have a valid exemption in place.
What Is An EPC?
The Epc rating of a property lets people know how energy efficient the property is with A rated being the best and G rated the worst.
You can find EPCs free of charge on the EPC REGISTER HERE
What Gov Uk Grants Are Available For Landlords?
If your property is low rated and you have a tenant living in the property, you will be eligible to apply for Government Funded Heating Grants which are usually 100% fully funded.
Free Storage Heater Grants
Available to replace faulty and inefficient electric storage heaters over 10 years old.
Free Loft & Cavity Wall Insulation Grants
Your loft will be topped up to 300 mm and walls will be filled with rockwool / beads.
Free Internal Wall Insulation
Open to electric solid wall properties only.
Free 1 st Time Central Heating Grant
Available to properties that have no history of having central heating fitted.
To qualify for Gov Uk Grants your tenant must receive one of the following UK Benefits
- Guaranteed Pension Credit (Savings Credit &State Pension do NOT qualify )
- Child & Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
- Income Support
- Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance & Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Carers & Attendance allowance
- Pip / Disability Living Allowance
- Industrial Injuries Benefit.
- Severe Disablement Allowance
- War Pensions Mobility Supplement
- Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP)
Who Should Apply for a Gov Uk Grant , the Landlord or the Tenant?
With both parties agreeing to the work, both the tenant and the landlord can be the applicant.
Signed landlord consent will be required before any installation can take place.
Are there any restrictions on Storage Heater Grants?
As long as your tenant on a qualifying benefit is living in the rental property from initial application until after the storage heaters are installed there are no restrictions.
The tenant will be free to move on without any money needed to be paid back.
Note – Even though the tenant is the applicant, they do not own the new storage heaters and they are not allowed to remove them.
Advantages for Landlords To Apply For The Gov Uk Grant Scheme
Under Minimum Energy Efficiency Standard regulations (MEES), from April 2020 all domestic rental properties in England and Wales must have an Energy Performance Certificate rating of E or better.
It will be illegal for you to rent out a property with a F or G rating and you could be fined up to £5000
- Upgrading the heating in your rental property using a free storage heater grant will improve the property’s energy efficiency rating.
- Modern electric storage heaters are up to 30% more energy efficient which means that your tenant will cut their heating bills.
- An upgraded heating system in your rental property will make it more attractive to future tenants.
- New storage heaters are much more reliable than old ones and will cost less to maintain.
- You can reduce your rental property’s carbon emissions with new energy efficient storage heaters.
- How Do You apply
- Click The link below to take a short survey
- You will need the tenant full name , address and date of birth as well as other property details